Michael was invited to his friend Jacob's birthday party which was going to be at the San Jose Giants game! He was beyond excited and was thrilled that Matthew and Damien would be able to go with him to the party/barbecue.
Claire, Emily and were at home when the phone rang. I answered it and heard "Lisa?", Damien said out of breath. "Turn on the TV and find the San Jose Giants game and record it. Michael and his friends are about to be interviewed!", he said. I was able to find it and we all sat and watched for Michael to come on the screen. Nothing. For about ten minutes, nothing. We were so hungry and I wanted to fix the kids food but I didn't want to miss Michael! Then it happened. I saw him bare chested with the letter S on his chest! He was the S of his friends creative attention grabbing G-I-A-N-T-S! Claire was howling, literally howling. She couldn't believe it! She knew all the boys that were on the television with Michael and she thought it was awesome! We could even see Damien in the background who eventually put Matthew on his shoulders so he could get a piece of the action!
The lady interviewed the boys and asked it they were freezing and of course, Michael yelled no. He told her during the interview that they were here celebrating their friend's birthday party! She then gave them the name, 'The Giant Boys'. Hilarious!!! We called Damien and sent him a screen grab of the recording and they loved it. Not ten minutes later did I get another call to turn on the TV again because Michael and his friends were going to be dancing on the field!
We flipped on the TV again and there Michael was, shaking his booty. Were the other boys shaking their booty? No, just my kid. Couldn't have been prouder either! They all looked adorable. Michael has never been one to shy away from the spotlight and this situation wasn't any different. He started doing his own version of break dancing and the crowd was eating it up! He even got his chest signed by the San Jose Giants mascot, Gigante! This is certainly something that I know Michael won't soon forget. Go San Jose Giants and the Giant Boys!
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment