Thursday, May 03, 2012

Michael for President?

Today, Michael came home from school and convinced me (really, he did) that he was running for 5th Grade President.  Today was campaign day at school and the kids brought home tons of pins and stickers in support of their friends running for office.  I asked Michael again, "Are you really running for President?"  He assured me that he was!  "But today was campaign day!  Why didn't you tell me so I could help you with your pins, stickers, and slogan?" I told him.  Just then, he handed me a pin and told me he had taken care of the whole thing himself!  I almost died, seriously died, when I saw his slogan on the pin.  Vote for Michael, he won't make you recycle!  Hilarious and creative?  Yes.  Going to help you win an election?  Well, that's up for debate.  I tried to be supportive while hiding my frustration that he didn't let me know he was going to run for President!  And then it happened.  He erupted in laughter!    "Did you actually think I would use that slogan to win?  I'm not running for President!" he said.  Michael got me. Darn it! He totally got me!!! Once second later, I joined him in hysterical laughter. Good one, Michael. Good one.

2 comments:

saccon00 said...

I'd vote for him. Michael/Recycle. What a genius wordsman he is.

hdgina said...

Just showing off his Republican roots.