Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Talkative Bookends

There is something about these two.  They share many common threads and have a lot in common.  For starters, I think they look a lot alike!  They are drawn to each other all day long and their personalities are so similar.  Michael and Emily are the kind of kids that would prefer to be around people instead of playing games or having some quiet time in their rooms.  They LOVE to be around people, interact with people, and love to talk.  Did I mention that they like to talk?

When Emily was really young my Mom said to me, "Mark my words.  When she starts talking, she's never going to stop!"  She meant it in a good way.  And boy was she right.  Emily will explain anything and everything to everybody.  She will govern the house as though it is her own and she knows everyone's business.  Michael is totally like this, too!  There were a few years when he withdrew and plugged into video games and wasn't as verbal but for the most part- he is always listening to adult conversations and talk, talk, talking.  We joke with him (okay, it's not a joke) that his mouth is what gets him in trouble.  It's true.  Instead of just saying 'okay' to us when we call him on something- he feels the need to explain, explain, explain. 

I have to confess that they got the talk gene from me.  I do love to talk!  As Damien says (while he uses a hand puppet) talk, talk, talk, talk, talk.  Hey, what can I say?  I like to communicate!  I am loving the relationship between Michael and Emily.  I am confident they will have a good relationship that will last them throughout the years.  Michael provides just the right amount of big brother and nurturer to Emily and she really finds comfort in her oldest brother.  I love these two and look forward to what they will do, er . . . say next!

No comments: