Tuesday, September 17, 2013
Emily's Future Tattoo Plans
Emily came home from school today and told me that a certain girl on the playground told her that Emily could not be her friend. Emily told me that she told the teacher the girl was being mean. Apparently, the teacher handled it and then Emily and her now 'friend' made up with each other. The girl, once she decided to accept Emily in her friend life said, "When we grow up, we should go to Safeway together and get tattoos." I told Emily that while I was happy they were now friends, tattoos are kind of taboo in our house. "Don't worry, Mom. I will just get one dot. It will look like a mole." she said. Then I asked her if she really wanted another mole on her body and she said, "Actually, you're right. Maybe I won't get a tattoo." She just saved herself from a difficult conversation with her Daddy years from now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment