Friday, November 10, 2006

25 Weeks!

25 Weeks . . . Such a magical number. Since the beginning of this pregnancy, I have wanted to get to this point. At times I was fearful that I wouldn't make it here. But here I am and if you could see the smile on my face you would know that I am, for the first time in a long time, feeling a great deal of relief. Today, I had a doctor's appointment and we were thrilled to hear once again that things look great and the cerclage is doing its job. The baby, who was head down last week, was breech today and kicking the cervix repeatedly! While the doctor was trying to measure my cervix via ultrasound, you could see the baby wiggle his/her toes into the lowest area possible and it was kind of funny. The doctor assured us that they baby can do no harm by kicking me there, but it was just funny that this area is so closely monitored and here the baby is- kicking it away! So the doctor gave my belly a shake and the baby moved away so she could get a good measurement.

I NEVER thought that I would make it to November without bedrest and here I am, entering another week of freedom. My mom is flying down this weekend to stay with us for a week and I will actually be able to be out of bed! The idea is just so crazy! I will be able to go out to dinner for my birthday, go places with my mom and the kids, and just be normal for a little while longer. Of course, I will continue to take it easy and rest like I have been doing, but it just makes me feel a little more normal. I feel so happy that this baby is getting a great chance to stay nice and warm in my tummy and grow like every baby should.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halleluiah!!! sp? That is so awesome, I can see you grinning ear to ear, I was hoping you would post on your blog after todays appointment. Have a great weekend and a super Birthday!!

A