
I wanted to share some exciting news about my new nephew . . .
IT'S A BOY!!!
Kyle Christopher
Born October 18th
8 lbs. 14 oz
20.5 inches
To my sister Jill and her husband Brian
We had been anxiously awaiting the arrival of little Kyle and he made quite the debut on October 18th. Jill did an amazing job with the labor and she and her new little family are doing very well. I am so proud of her and I just know that she will make a fantastic mother. Brian helped her through the birth and is so happy with his little boy!
The hardest part of the whole situation is that because I am so high-risk with my pregnancy I am not able to fly. So needless to say, I haven't been able to meet him yet. And because of this, I have pretty much known since the day I found out I was pregnant that I would miss Kyle's birth. I had been mentally preparing for this day, but nothing could prepare me for the way I felt the day he was born. I was so sad to be missing such a big day in Jill's life. I know that she understood, but it was really difficult for me (and I am sure for her, too). Luckily, I was able to get up to the minute updates and pictures from my family and I felt as though I was included as much as possible.
Kyle is so beautiful and is a good baby, although over the phone I call him Mr. Squeaky because he even squeaks and grunts in his sleep, which is so manly of him! From my conversations with my sister and from the things I hear from my family, Jill has really transitioned into the role as a Mom so naturally and with ease. Although I ache to meet my little nephew, I know I will in due time. The other day my Mom put the phone to Kyle's ear and I told him that I loved him and that I was growing a little friend for him to play with. Soon this will all be behind us and will make more sense. Until then, I will continue to make daily phone calls to hear him squeak and let him know that his Auntie loves him very very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment