Well, believe it or not, I made it another week without bedrest. Because I am seen weekly by my doctor, we were a little concerned on how I would been seen this week due to the holiday and the offices being closed. My doctor said that she would come in on her own time and open up the office just to see us! So the morning after Thanksgiving, we met our doctor as planned for our appointment. We feel so blessed that she is so invested in the success of our pregnancy that she takes time out of her own life, to ensure the safety and well-being of ours.The ultrasound looked good and thankfully, I still have enough cervix intact to keep me from going on partial bedrest. However, she did let us know that there is a good possibility that next week will be the week I go on bedrest. But because of the good results this week, I will get into December before I go down. I never in a million years thought that a cerclage could be so effective, especially considering the outcomes of my other pregnancies. But here I am again, feeling so lucky and blessed to be so healthy. The baby looked great and I posted a picture on this page to show you Baby #3's profile at 26+ weeks (click on the image to make it bigger). I still have no vibe on the sex of the baby, but he/she sure is cute!
Something new at this weeks appointment was a test called a Fetal Fibronectin screen. It is a swab they take from the cervix to detect a certain chemical which is a precursor to labor. If the chemical is present and the test comes back positive, you will most likely go into labor within the coming 2 weeks. With a positive result I would have to go directly to the hospital, be given steroid shots for the baby's lungs, and be admitted and observed. Then I would be on full bedrest from this point (in the hospital or at home). If the test comes back negative, you wait another week and take it again. Good news for us . . . our test came back negative! So we got a great report this week all around and will just take it easy and see what next week brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment