Thursday, November 02, 2006

Another Week of Freedom

I know a lot of you are looking at this blog to see how my pregnancy is going so I wanted to give everyone an update. Things are going well. I am almost 24 weeks and had a doctor's appointment today to see if bedrest time was here . . . and thankfully, we were granted another week of freedom! Everything is looking good, but at some point, bedrest will come knocking at my door and I will obey it's every rule! I currently go in for weekly ultrasounds to see how the pregnancy is going and to be pro-active and stop/slow any problem that is on its way. These ultrasounds are so reassuring and are also a great opportunity for us to see our little baby growing. We aren't going to find out the sex until the baby is born, so you'll have to sit tight and wait like the rest of us!

This pregnancy has been so different from the other two. In Michael's pregnancy, at 24 weeks I was 2 cm dilated and in BIG trouble! (I ended up giving birth to him at 25 weeks). With Claire's pregnancy, at 24 weeks I was admitted as quickly as possible to the hospital because I was starting to dilate. So it is a real thrill to be 24 weeks and know that the cerclage is working. I don't plan on tempting fate, so I am taking it easy at home and enjoying all of the wonderful support and help from Damien. He has made life so easy for me and has really taken on some major responsibility at home.

The kids are really excited about the baby and are often at my belly talking to the baby or rubbing my tummy. Both Michael and Claire are really curious on how this whole baby thing works and ask such cute questions. Does the baby cry in there? Can the baby see me through your belly button? Can you eat this candy corn so the baby can have it? But the funniest thing to date is listening to Claire talk about how the baby gets food. She will tell you, “Okay, so. My mom eats something and chews it and it goes down her throat and into her stomach. Then it goes through the umbrella cord (umbilical) and into the baby’s bottom and then into the baby’s stomach. And that’s how it goes.” And believe me, you don’t want to try and correct her because she is positive she is right!

Michael is very nurturing and concerned that the baby is okay. He’ll always checks in with me to make sure the baby is fine. Did the baby sleep okay? How are the baby’s legs? Does the baby like swimming in the bag of water? These are precious times and I am so proud of my kids and their enthusiasm for their little brother or sister.

So, that is it . . . for now. I will check in again after my next appointment and update you on how things are going. Until then, thanks for your support and prayers. They really mean a lot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog is great, fantastic way to keep in touch and see family photos! Adding a 3rd is wonderul, fun and a bit nuts at times, but you do find time and love for them just as much as your other two and the older siblings will adore him/her. Looking forward to reading about pregnancy and beautiful family!

Amy