Friday, November 17, 2006
26 Weeks and Walking!
Yes, that's right. It was a great doctor's appointment today! I was really excited to take my mom to the appointment so that she could see the baby on the ultrasound. We know that at one of these appointments, we are going to get the news that I am on bedrest. So we went into this one- the way we always do, ready for anything. My mom was so happy to see the baby's face and arms and she promised me that if given the chance to peak at the gender- she wouldn't. The baby looked great. Lots of movement this week and the baby was head down. And when the doctor informed us that things looked great, we just took a deep breath and were speechless. After all we've been through in the past; it is amazing to be in this place. A healthy baby and no imminent danger. A lot of our friends and family will tell us, "You'll go full term" or "You won't go on bedrest until after the first of the year", we shrug it off because it is just too hard to live outside the realm of the coming week. I think this is part of the reason why we do so well emotionally when it comes to high risk pregnancies. We know that it is important to be hopeful, but we are grounded in the idea that we need to live day by day, week to week, and be ready for anything! But apparently, we can relax for a brief moment and find some peace that we are okay for now. It is amazing to me that I wasn't on bedrest for my birthday, and that I will be able to celebrate Thanksgiving on my feet! So, I will enjoy these accomplishments and press reset on my brain in a few moments and prepare yet again, for another appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment