
My sister Jill is part of a Mom's Group that all get together with their kids for some fun. Lucky for me, she was hosting the get together at her house and we were able to crash the party! Again, the weather was perfect as we traveled the short ten minute drive from my parent's house to Jill and Brian's house.

When we got there, everything was completely organized. There was a kid's table fully loaded with cheese pizza, mac 'n cheese, popcorn, fruit snacks, chips, fruit, and fruit drinks (and in true Jill-fashion, lollipops). She didn't forget anything! Then there was more sophisticated food for the Moms. The backyard had two different kiddie pools and little picnic tables for the kids. It was so well done and the party was great! Of course, I didn't bring the kids swimsuits so I had to improvise with their undies and plenty of sunscreen (much to Claire's dismay). I didn't mind watching their cute little buns running around the yard at all! That's summer, alright!

It was interesting to watch our kids together in the pool. At different times they all assumed different roles. This was especially apparent when the hose came on. Kyle, who is first born to Jill- liked to hold it and spray everyone. Matthew, who is the baby- basically like to be sprayed. He and Kyle played the little game 'Kyle sprays Matthew and then Matthew runs away' for a long time. It was hilarious!! It wasn't until later that Matthew even wanted to hold the hose. It is just funny how your placement in the line of siblings affects your preferences! I can only say this because I am first born and yes, I would've been the sprayer for sure (Michael, too)! The kids all had a ball and played for hours in a pool with only six inches of water in it! Ah, the simple life.
2 comments:
I love pictures of the four of my amazing grandchildren! I ask you, aren't they beautiful?
Nonna
I love pictures of my four amazing grandchildren! I ask you, aren't they beautiful?
Nonna
Post a Comment