
After getting back from Denver, we settled into have a fun filled fifteen days with my family. Due to the fact that we don't get to come up for many long visits during the school year- we try and go to my parent's for a big chunk in the summer. We really didn't have a lot planned (which was great) and just wanted to relax and enjoy the last fleeting days of summer.

On our first day there, we got a call from our great family friends the Lydons, inviting us to go swimming at their Grandma's pool. For the past few years we have met them there and the kids had an absolute ball! My friend Kylia has two children that are the same sex and age as my kids which gives them each a play mate and gives us a little peace and quiet! Jill and Kyle met us there and the fun began! It was a little more difficult this year because we had two mobile toddlers running around the pool which is of course cause to make you go absolutely crazy! The weather was gorgeous and the kids swam and jumped off the diving board for hours. We are so appreciative that the Lydons think of us every summer and allow us to enjoy ourselves so much!

When I think back to my summers as a child- I think about swimming all day long. I remember my Mom calling us 'her little fish' and how she would always load us into the station wagon and take us to the pool. In my memory, it was seemed so easy for my Mom to take us there but I now know that wasn't the case. She would make sandwiches and put them in the cooler, bring drinks, towels, sunscreen, a change of clothes, make sure we were water safe- and to think she did this with five of us! I appreciate her efforts so much more now that I am a mother myself. I know that the budget was tight when I was a child but they always found a way to be members at the pool so we could swim all summer long. For this and for so much of the effort put out by my Mom and Dad- I am thankful. I only hope that in thirty years my kids will be able to say the same about us.
1 comment:
Your mom looks amazing. I didn't recognize her at first and thought she was one of Jill's friends! The kids look like they are having a blast. Can't wait to join in the swimming fun with you next summer!
Post a Comment