Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fun Differences

When I was younger and thought of my future children- I somehow pictured them to be very similar looking with similar stories. By similar- I meant brown hair with brown eyes. Ha! I couldn't have been more wrong. This baby that will join us soon will have a look all his/her own and his/her own story to match. Here are some interesting things that make all of my kids very different!

Birth Cities: Michael was born in Paris, France. Claire was born in Seattle, Washington. Matthew was born in Los Gatos, California. Baby #4 will be born in San Jose, California.

Birth Hospitals: Michael was born in Hopital Cochin. Claire was born in Swedish Hospital. Matthew was born in Los Gatos Community Hospital. Baby #4 will be born in Good Samaritan Hospital.

Birth Weight: Michael was 1 lb. 9 oz. Claire was 7 lbs. 13 ounces. Matthew was born 8 lbs. 5 ounces.

Hair Color: Michael has red hair. Claire has brown hair. Matthew has blond hair.

Eye Color: Michael has crystal blue eyes. Claire has green eyes. Matthew has bluish green eyes.


Even when it came to developmental milestones and teething- they were all very different.

One thing all of them have in common is that they are right handed. Oh, and they're all very cute.

I just got to thinking the other day and realized that my children really have their own identities and are each so special to me in so many different ways. I see a lot of similarities between Claire and Matthew (even on the days they were born). I also do see Michael in Matthew sometimes, too. We call Matthew 'The Hybrid' because he bridges the gap between Michael and Claire's looks- kind of rounding them all out. Just as I finished writing this sentence- I started feeling the baby kicking around in my tummy and thought, 'Who Are You In There?' Seriously! Isn't that moment amazing when you lay your eyes on your baby for the first time and are able to match it's cute little face with all the movements you felt for the past nine months??? I am not sure who you are baby or what you look like- but I know that you have three siblings here waiting patiently for you to join their crazy little circus. Boy are you lucky!!!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

This new baby sure is lucky. What a wonderful family it gets to join. It is so funny about your kids, I feel the same way about mine...one blond hair/blue eyes and one brown hair/brown eyes. I don't think a stranger would know they were sisters!

Sheelagh said...

Your kids are too cute! They seem to have a lot of fun together! How cool that they're all so different. I think Mayzie and Addie look more and more alike everyday, but I'm still wondering what Jonah will look like. Everything changes daily with these little ones. I can't wait to see your new addition though. I'm so currious!