Saturday, April 25, 2009

Holy Houseguests!!!

I love to be around people. If you called and said you were in the area- I'd be thrilled to see you. Heck- you can stay the night if you want to! I just love when there is a lot going on around me. Since the day after Easter until today (2 weeks) we have had three different groups of family staying with us. They came in four separate rounds, some overlapping, and kept us company for the last two weeks. It started with Damien's brother and his family who stayed for four days. It was great having them here and my kids certainly enjoyed having their two cousins who are currently living in England here to pal around with. It was a little crazy with five kids under eight running around but we made the very best of it. We had so much fun that wouldn't you know I didn't take my camera out once! Mark and Jocelyn have been in England for almost two years now so it was nice to see them and touch base. We visited them this past summer in England but really haven't really had the chance to hang out as much as we did this past week since last summer. It was a really nice visit and a great chance to just enjoy the great company and beautiful weather.

My sister Gina came down and overlapped with Mark and Jocelyn's stay for one night. That night we had ten people sleeping here and it was pretty comfortable if I might say! (Of course I was sleeping in my own comfy bed.) She was such a help when she was here. Sure, we sat out in the sun and listened to music a lot- but she helped out a lot with the kids and miscellaneous jobs around the house that I haven't gotten to. We also got to just sit and night and catch up on each other's life and enjoy one another. I loved her visit and can't wait until she comes back again. (Oh, and I only took this one picture when she was down here!) My Mom came down and overlapped with Gina's visit for a few days which was fun, too. They were able to come to my 29 week doctor's appointment and also tried and stay cool as the temperature rose into the high 90s! We had a great barbeque and some precious moments together that will sustain me for the next few months. I was sad to see Gina go but it was nice to have my Mom here to keep me company.

Just one day later, my Dad and sister Laura flew in for a visit. I haven't seen my Dad or Laura since December (which was the last time I was allowed to fly on a plane in this pregnancy). I was so happy to see them and they couldn't believe the size of my belly! The last time they saw me I was ten weeks pregnant. The kids had missed their Auntie and Grandpa and were so delighted to have them here to enjoy! We just hung out a lot and tried to get out of the house at least one time a day. Because I can't walk very far and have to use a wheelchair if we go shopping- it limited our outing possibilities but we managed to have a lot of fun shopping while my Dad pushed me around! My parents got to go to Michael's baseball game and also do the ever exciting drop off and pick up at the kids' school. We hung out a lot in the backyard and watched the kids swim in the kiddie pool while we relaxed. All in all, it was an amazing visit and I feel very happy that I was able to see my Dad and sister and reconnect after missing them so much.

And now we are home alone. We are enjoying the autonomy but also miss our family that brightened our lives for a few weeks. It won't be long until I have this baby and then am granted permission to fly again. I am looking forward to a nice long visit in Kirkland, Washington this summer where I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing while hanging out with my amazing family. Oh, while also watching my four kids. Things are going to get very interesting very soon!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay that you're coming home this summer...August-ish? We can have our two new little pipsqueaks meet! :)

Nannie said...

Is Dad really donning a Jimmy Buffet shirt? Never thought I would see the day. Can't wait for you to come up because that means I get to hold Emily! (or Daniel) :)

Sheelagh said...

It's so great that you have had all that help! And you're so energetic and positive about having alllll those people in your house! You're amazing!
I love that thought at the end..."watching my 4 kids!". Cray!!! I'm so excited for you and for your growing family.

Sheelagh said...

Oh yeah and I might be int he Bay Area this summer with the kids. I hope I can meet you then.