Tuesday, June 02, 2009

35 Weeks!!!

Well I made it to my last real goal. 35 weeks! That magical number where I know we have reached significant safety and health for our little one. It feels good. No, it feels great. My days are brighter, the hours gracefully pass by with little worry on my end and I am finally at peace. In the weeks and months leading up to now- I couldn't will time to pass fast enough. Now, it seems as though the days are flying by and we are getting closer to meeting this new baby! I had a great appointment today. After doing a digital exam, she said I was a bit more dilated (almost 2 cm) and the stitch is still holding. The baby was low and she was still able to touch the head again which made the baby jump around in my tummy. She looked closer at my belly and said, "My goodness- you have such big babies!" She then decided that she wanted to do an ultrasound to check the fetal weight. After measuring the head circumference, the length of the thigh bone, and the circumference of the baby's tummy, it showed a measurement of 7 lbs! I was so happy. She thinks the baby may even be bigger than that but at the very least- this baby will be big and chubby (which is how I like them). During the ultrasound we were able to see the baby making breathing movements which indicates good lung maturity so that was a good sign! My uterus and the baby are measuring two weeks ahead so we are definitely thriving. Other than this- my appointment was pretty uneventful. She went ahead and cancelled my appointment for next Tuesday and said that if I need to be seen- I need to just go to Labor and Delivery and not to the office. Right now my cerclage procedure is scheduled for next Friday (June 12th) and we'll see what happens then!

I am really really happy and I am in such a great place. My pregnancy has been going well, the baby looks healthy, and the school year is winding down for Michael and Claire. We are really busy here and our near future is full of wonderful celebrations. Claire graduates from Kindergarten next Tuesday, Michael's last day of 1st grade is next Thursday, and my Mom's arrives next Thurday, too. And who knows? We might meet this baby next Friday after my cerclage removal! We don't have any major plans this weekend except to get ready for baby. I swear if you walked in my house right now- you would have no idea there is a baby on the way! Maybe because it is my fourth and I am not panicked but whatever the reason- we need to start acting like we are going to have a baby! We need to get out the bassinet, the change table, and put together the stroller in preparation for Daniel/Emily. I need to pack a bag for the hospital and get things in order if the big event does happen!

My Doctor did tell me that I need to be prepared if I do go into labor which will most likely happen if my water breaks during one of my contractions- which I have all day long. I feel strong though and think I will make it to next Friday. This long journey which has taught me so much and reaffirmed my faith in God and my family is finally coming to a close. I am thankful for all of the blessings I have received along the way and will pray for a few more days of uneventful, albeit uncomfortable, pregnant life.

3 comments:

the uffelmans said...

i can't wait to meet Emily!!

Danielle said...

So exciting! I can't wait to hear the good news. I think I'm siding with Claire on this one and am hoping and feeling the "girl power". I love your new blog decor! Keep us posted...anytime I don't see you've put up a new post or not on FB, I'm going to think you're having the Bambino!!

Sheelagh said...

I'm really excited to hear the news! I'm also glad your mom is coming in soon and that you will have some help. Lazy summer days with a new baby are headed your way!