Friday, June 12, 2009

June 12th. What Will It Hold?

Just a quick update. I was thrilled to learn that when I called into Labor and Delivery this morning that my cerclage removal surgery was still on! When I was pregnant with Matthew, my cerclage removal got bumped because all of the operating rooms were full (too many c-sections at the hospital). But not this time!!! It is 7:05 a.m. and I am waiting for my sister in laws to come over and watch the kids so Damien, my Mom, and I can go to the hospital and get the cerclage out! Will the baby come? I don't know. Do I want it to come? Oh, yes! But if nothing else- I do regain my freedom today which will do wonders for me mentally and physically. If the baby doesn't come- I am prepared to think in my head that every day he/she is in there- he/she is just getting stronger and healthier. My doctor previously said that when she takes the cerclage out I am at least 3 cm dilated- she will break my bag of water and get the show on the road. If not- well, we start the waiting game and I will come home and wait for labor to start (which usually does within three days of the cerclage removal). So- that's it. Will I meet Emily or Daniel today? I don't know. But I am so happy to be where I am today and at the very least- getting the cerclage out! Stay tuned! I will try and update a little later today!

2 comments:

Sheelagh said...

I am ridiculously excited for you, given that we have never met! But I am excited all the same and am praying for you. You can do it mamma!!!!

AUNTIE OF 5!!!! said...

EMILY EMILY EMILY EMILY! you dont have to say he/she anymore because you have yourself the most beautiful, perfect baby girl. I'm so happy for you! YAYYYYYY! Give Emily a big smoochola from her Auntie Nan!