Saturday, December 12, 2009

Emily Is 6 Months

My little Christmas Angel. I love this baby so much! She is just so perfect to me. She makes me smile, she reminds me to slow down and enjoy life, she challenges me to be a better person and Mommy and overall- just brightens our days because she is in them! WE LOVE EMILY! It hurts me to say that she is already six months. I know, I am crazy. But the time is flying by too fast. We are pretty sure Emily will be our last baby so with each passing milestone- I have to say goodbye and it hurts me. I have just loved raising my babies but it is time to move forward in our lives and raise these four beautiful children.

This month Emily has again reached new physical milestones. She is now sitting up and started eating food! The first feed wasn't too successful as she didn't really like the texture of the food- but every feed after the first has been ridiculously successful and she cries when the food is gone! Her siblings are loving the fact that she is now eating! For months, Matthew proclaimed that Emily could only eat milk and carrot cake. He is shocked to see that his rule has been broken! She has even been eating Gerber Graduate puffs! She is such a big girly!

At her six month appointment- she got a great report. We are still going to continue antibiotics until she is at least a year old for preventative reasons. She is a chubby 19.5 lbs and did great overall. She received her regular vaccinations and also received the flu shot and the H1N1 shot. A lot for a little baby girl but she championed on! I was relieved for her to get the H1N1 because they can't get it before they are six months old. So now she is protected should she need it.

Emily is really recognizing her family members now. She will now see me and pump her legs with excitement until I come and get her. She is laughing, smiling, still doing what we call 'big lip' when she is mad, and just starting to exude what I believe will be a colorful and beautiful personality. She is rolling across the room, loves to bounce in her bouncy exosaucer, loves looking at everyone from her throne (high chair) and now that she is eating she thinks she deserves to try to grab whatever I am holding. She is really growing up and I am so proud of this happy, well- adjusted, and content baby.

No comments: