Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

I am so irritated that my camera never came out of my purse on Christmas Day. I had it out Christmas morning when the kids opened gifts- but then it went back into hibernation. Our Washington Christmas routine goes like this: Christmas Eve is always at my Aunt Carol's house, we have Christmas morning at my Mom and Dad's and then on Christmas Day- we head over to my Uncle Chico and Aunt Michele's house. It is so much fun to have so many wonderful people to see. We all went over to their house for a Christmas Day lunch/dinner. It was amazing! It was wonderful to see my Dad's side of the family and to catch up with them. The party was so warm, comfortable and delicious and we really had a nice time. So- as I mentioned, my darn camera never made an appearance. Emily was super tired from a long day of festivities the night before and a much too early morning. I spent most of the party holding her and never got the camera out! Ahhhhh! Oh, well.

We had a delicious dinner of pasta, meatballs, and briciole. We got to sit with my cousin Rachel and catch up with her now that she is in college! (I still can't believe it and saying it out loud makes me feel so old!) We then played a game where one of the kids left the room and once they were out- we completely covered someone with a sheet. When they came back in they had to figure out who the mystery person was. Sounds simple but it was hilarious to see them guess! Next we played a roaringly good game with CRL dice. Center, Right, Left dice. Basically- everyone there contributed four quarters. That made the jackpot worth $23! Not too bad for a Christmas jackpot! You roll these dice and the quarters move left, right, and to the center until all but one of the quarters is in the middle. The person with the last quarter wins the jackpot! It is so much fun and we had a blast. My sister Jill ended up winning the jackpot and we were all jealous. You can't win them all!

We had a very Merry Christmas. We had a lot of celebrations, a lot of build up to the end of the season and when it was all said and done- it was absolutely amazing. Merry Christmas Everyone. I hope your holiday was full of warm memories, family and friends, and the blessings that come with the season of Jesus' birth! Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

All I can say about this post is that YOU LOOK HOT MAMMA!!!! You look so fantastic, I think being a mommy of 4 suits you!