
Damien always complains that I somehow manage to turn my birth
day into a Birthday Week. I tell him that it takes a lot of work and commitment to stretch the birthday spoiling out that long! Well guess what folks? Damien did it. He managed to have a Birthday Week and now I don't think he will ever settle again for one measly day of pampering again! It all started when we celebrated his birthday at my Mom and Dad's house on the last night of our trip. He got cake, gifts, and attention sprinkled all over him. Then we flew back to San Jose and relaxed for a few days before we celebrated his actual birthday by breakfasting, bowling, and
chinese dinnering. Wasn't that enough? NO, shouted Damien. Okay, he didn't really shout it but you could see that he liked this 'birthday attention' thing. Well, as sad as it is- today
commenced his official Birthday Week. And might I add that is was a really, really good week.

We planned to have a very small friend/family birthday party at our house today. Lucky for us all- a lot of family and a few friends were actually able to come! When the numbers were small, I decided that I would make a really good birthday dinner for my hubby and make another giant attempt at pampering him to the fullest. Then the numbers for the party grew and grew and I knew this 'pampering' for Damien was going to get a lot more work! I wanted to make him a dinner he would love so I made him Pulled Pork Sandwiches (it was actually chicken but pork sounds more official), Baked Beans, Cornbread, and Coleslaw. I tried a few new recipes and was so happy with all of them. A definite win-win situation. We even ended his party with a Hostess Chocodile Cake (chocodiles are chocolate covered twinkies and are really hard to find)! Damien was so pleased with it all and that was all I was hoping for!

We had a nice night with his family. It is always nice to get together where we can relax and just catch up with one another. I remember Damien's birthday last year. It was the day after my
cerclage procedure when I was pregnant with Emily and there was just so much going on at the time. I can't believe we even managed to get people together last year. This year it brought me such intense joy to see Damien holding his little Emily. The two of them are really bonded and seeing them together makes me so happy. It's amazing how much your life can change over the course of a year. For our family, one more year made us a bigger, stronger, happier, healthier and more faith and family centered.

It is hard for many to imagine having a birthday on New Years Eve but I find that although it is
logistically challenging- it is a perfect day for Damien to turn one year older, be officially one year wiser, and as he watches the world close the book on the past 365 days, he too closes a book on another year of his very blessed life. Happy Birthday Damien. Here's to another 365 glorious days with you and our beautiful babies.
1 comment:
So sweet. Damien is a lucky man.
Post a Comment