Friday, January 08, 2010

A New Kind of TIME OUT

We love to have fun with our kids. Not only is it fun to have fun, but it is so funny to watch the kids' reactions to their parents being a little crazy! Matthew is at a great age. I say this with the confidence that very very soon- he will start to become sassier and have attitude. So I choose to enjoy each and every last minute of his sweet demeanor and love him up! When Michael and Claire are at school- Matthew is king of the castle. No one bugs him, he really doesn't have to share, he can play with Michael and Claire's toys that they forbid him to play with the night before. Our house is a wonderland of sorts for Matthew during the day. He misses Michael and Claire so much but he is smart and knows to make the most of his time home without them!

Damien has been playing this game lately where he puts Matthew on top of the fridge. Before you worry about him falling, please note that Matthew is an extremely cautious kid (and Damien is very close to him even though the picture doesn't show it). Once up on his perch, Matthew nervously laughs because he can't figure out if he should squeal with delight that Daddy put him up there or if he should cry from the fear that is about to overtake him. Either way you look at it, I think it is so funny when Damien throws him up there. Recently (and don't call CPS) Damien has been jokingly putting Emily up there to get a reaction out of Matthew. Now he doesn't leave her there but Matthew just loves it. Emily is so sharp it is scary. The girl knows what is going on. She doesn't miss a beat and cranes her neck ALL DAY LONG to see what is going on around her. She watches Daddy put Matthew on the refrigerator and gets excited. So when Damien put her up there- I swear she knew that she was cool. It was so funny. We are just having a blast with the kids. This really isn't a significant post but I know I will forget these sweet and funny times as the kids get older.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

It's such a significant post!! I love this post and it IS so much fun to have fun with your kids. It's what it's all about and you guys do a fantastic job of it!