Friday, January 29, 2010

Swinging Away!

Don't you just love lazy days when you can wander on over to the park and just watch your kids play for hours? (Okay, maybe more like an hour. I get too antsy if it is longer than that!) I wish this happened more- or I guess I wish I made it more of a priority. We have the most amazing park across the street. Seriously, it is like a five minute walk and we need to go there more! Well, today I got motivated and let a few items on my 'To Do List' remain unchecked so I could take the two little ones to the park. At first, I had Emily in the stroller and we were just watching Matthew run around, climbing, jumping, and sliding down the slides. Then in donned on me that Emily could certainly sit in a swing and have some fun!

Emily loved it! She didn't even know what to do with herself! She laughed and screamed and laughed some more and I just enjoyed it so much. She is getting so much bigger and it is nice that know that we can go places where she can interact and get in on some of the fun action (not just watch her siblings do it). What was cute was watching Matthew's reaction to realizing Emily was in the swing! He ran over as fast as he could and wanted to swing with her pronto! Then Emily started laughing at Matthew swinging next to her and they were just a couple of kiddos cracking up! Love it.

Matthew didn't get to go to the park much last year due to his very pregnant Mommy. It is such a thrill for me to be healthy and able to take him places without worrying. He loved all of the little tunnels, tubes, slides, and swings and as I mentioned above- loved playing with Emily. They are too cute together. Now he asks me every day if we can go to the park and while I don't think it will be a daily event- I do want to make taking them to the park a priority because before I know it- this precious time will be gone. Here's hoping for more sunny days and a lot more park time!

1 comment:

Sheelagh said...

The park is so fun! What sweet siblings these two are and what fun to relax a little in the swings. :-)