After a long trip with Damien, we both decided that we weren't going to do anything that would require a babysitter for Valentine's Day. We did decide, however, to enjoy the day to the fullest! As he does every year- Damien got the kids each a heart shaped box full of chocolates. They kids really do look forward to his special treat and I think it is so sweet, too. I know I have mentioned this before, but my Dad used to do that for us as kids. I can't explain why it meant so much to me, but I really loved when he gave them to us. I am glad Damien is carrying on the tradition! My Mom used to have a little pile of Valentine treats for all of us on the kitchen counter. I loved waking up and seeing what she had gotten us! My parents were great about celebrating all things big and small. It is something that has definitely carried over into my own parenting!
Matthew had his four year check up at the doctor's today. I don't know what says LOVE more than being poked and proded by a pediatrician! I did get him a frosty from Wendy's afterward so that was loving. I had found these sweet outfits for the two little kids and had to get them. Emily's was just so girlie and I loved seeing her chubby leggies squeezed into her leggings! Matthew shirt? Let's say that when I first saw it- I laughed a little and though it was a tad bit inappropriate. That was until I pictured him wearing it and pulling it off! It was hilarious and certainly got him a lot of attention today! It's didn't get him a girlfriend- but it was a hit with the ladies!
I hate that Michael and Claire miss out on lazy, fun days like today. Valentine's Day isn't a huge holiday- but it certainly adds a little flair to a normal monotonous day. I knew they were having fun at school, wearing free dress, and passing out Valentine cards- but I wanted them home with me because I love them so much! We received an awesome email from Damien's Aunt Monica who offered to not only watch our kids but Mark and Jocelyn's kids, too! I felt guilty at the thought of leaving them with a babysitter because we were away so much last week. However, Damien convinced me that they would have fun with their cousins and Aunt and that dinner wouldn't last long. I was persueded and we did drop them off over at her house and had a great dinner with Mark and Jocelyn. We don't get to go out with them much anymore (because we have too many kids) so this was a real treat. Before we had kids- we went out all the time. It was really nice to sit, catch up, and just enjoy each other's company. Thank you Aunt Monica!!!
We had a great day that was certainly full of LOVE. I am so lucky to have such amazing children and a handsome, attentive, and wonderful husband. As I reflect today on all of those in my life that I LOVE- I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day! To all of you that have shown me such incredible amounts of love, thank you
***One more thing. I just had to post this Valentine that Claire made in computer class. Damien and I were hysterical over it. I wonder what her teacher thought!
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
mmmk. that valentine that claire wrote is awesome. love her.
So cute. I LOVE Claire's valentine...
Hey Lisa - it's been awhile. Love your V-day traditions! Glad you & Damien had an awesome trip to Mexico, too. Always good to get away. Hope all is well!
Love,
N
P.S. Love Claire's card :)
Post a Comment