Once we de-sugared the kids and cleaned the chocolate off of their mouths, we loaded into the car and headed to Sonoma where a great Easter brunch awaited us! I was extra excited because Gina was going to be able to join us this year. She is currently living in San Francisco so we met her at an in between location which just so happened to be an IKEA parking lot. Once Gina got in the car, the kids were thrilled. She had little Easter goodies for all of them that were a sure hit!
We love that Damien's parents host this event at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn. There is no set up, no cooking, and no clean up responsibility for anyone! It makes for a wonderful event where we can relax and truly enjoy this giant family's company.
This year we sat at a table with Gina and the Marshall family. It was great to catch up with everyone and enjoy the delicious brunch and surrounding festivities. Last year, I spent the great majority of the event in a hotel room with Claire who was barfing with the stomach flu. It was a very stressful and yucky day last year. I was so absolutely happy that all six of us were healthy this year and could enjoy the day!
As excited as Emily was to see the Easter Bunny in the mall, she was NOT excited to see the Easter Bunny at the brunch. What she didn't know was that her Daddy was in the Bunny costume! As we approached for a picture, like we do each year, she started clinging to me like no one's business. I handed her to the Easter Bunny, okay forced her, and she was so mad!
I felt like a bad Mommy for a second but the picture was worth it. Afterward, I explained that Daddy was in there and she calmed down. She looked at me and said, 'Hook?' (which was what Damien dressed up in for Matthew's Peter Pan birthday) and I told her 'Yes!'. I thought that was good that she connected the two!
Every year, Marlene has a great Easter egg hunt for the kids and this year was no exception! They all bounded from the start line and filled their buckets in no time. Emily even got competitive this year! What I loved the most was that two people came up to me after the brunch and told me that Michael and Claire had given their little kids eggs without having to be asked! They apparently noticed that these particular kids didn't get a lot of eggs and offered to give them some of theirs. How awesome is that? I was so proud of them for recognizing this without having to be told.
After the brunch, we headed to the pool for some relaxation before our long car ride home. I knew Michael, Claire and Matthew would be easy in the pool but I wondered how Emily would do. I didn't have to wonder long because she made it clear to me that she was completely NOT water safe. I mean, she practically tried to drown! How scary! I was a little worried because the following day we were headed to Palm Springs for four days of fun in the pool. Um, great.
All of us survived the pool without incident and made it home safely. We had a fantastic Easter. From attending Easter Vigil Service at the church on Saturday night (note to self: not a good mass for kids), to seeing the kids faces on Easter morning, to enjoying the beautiful brunch hosted by my In-laws. It was a wonderful day and a great reminder how very blessed we are.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment