I mentioned last year that there was a two year hiatus in egg dying in our house. I was embarrassed to admit it but it sure lit a fire under my rear end to get organized and dye eggs with my kiddos! The kids had school today but I told them that when they got home, I would have the eggs all ready to go!!!! Michael was particularly excited because his friend Zack was coming over after school to help us out!
I tried to explain the process to Emily but the farthest it got me was her saying 'Eggy' all day. Seriously, all day. Claire helped me make the dye solutions and the rest was history! I always love to see the creative process that each child takes towards their eggs.
Michael always gravitates toward the clear crayon and this year was no different. He wrote something that he laughed about and then scribbled out. Then, on an another egg- he wrote the word 'Coolio'. Sounds about right to me!
Claire loves to mix the colors and takes time to finalize her creations. This year she did just that and ended up cherishing an egg that said, 'The Magic Egg'. Matthew was really into colors but had the hardest time being patient and wanted to do it fast style! I can't blame him. I just didn't boil as many eggs as he would have wanted me too!
Emily was in awe of the whole thing. She was so into it, just wasn't dainty enough to handle eggs without cracking them. Thankfully, I really didn't have any plans for these beautifully painted eggs other than eventually peeling them and making egg salad so I didn't worry that she cracked each and every egg she touched. Emily LOVED the egg I made just for her.
The kids had the best time with our Easter project and loved the sandwiches we made in the days that followed!!!
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment