Friday, April 15, 2011

Michael's 10th Birthday- Friend Edition

As my kids are getting older, it is becoming harder to think of fun party ideas that we haven't alraedy done before!  They are invited to a lot of their friends' parties and have done just about everything.  Michael wasn't too picky or too opinionated about the party location for his birthday.  He just told me he wanted to do something different.  Basically, that ruled our bowling, putt putt golfing, arcades, and bouncy house places.  Lucky for me, my friend was telling me about this great birthday venue that not a lot of people know about.  A glow-in-the dark putt putt golf center.  I never knew such a thing existed!  Ten year old boys + glow in the dark + pizza = perfection!!!

Michael invited ten of his friends and was so excited to share this new place with his friends.  I was sold on the idea when I first heard about it but was even more sold when I called the place and they told me that it was only $80 for ten kids.  Seriously?  I don't know if I am just used to the inflated prices of birthday venues, but this seemed like a steal!  Add the price of a few delivered pizzas and some homemade cupcakes and we're talking about one inexpensive party!

The place was awesome.  When you walked in- you were seriously transported into a glow-in-the-dark world!  The boys went crazy right away!  I gave each of them two glow necklaces in order to be able to see them better.  And thank goodness I did!  Immediately, the boys blended in with the dark background.  I went into panic mode and told Damien that one of us had to stay at the exit to make sure none of the kids left.  Gina was with us so I assigned her five boys and assigned Damien the other five while I manned the door.  We were the only ones in the facility which was good because I felt a little nervous having all these boys in a dark warehouse!  Damien's brother Mark, brought his two boys and helped out with Matthew and Emily so once everyone had their assignments, things went super smoothly.  Gina enhanced the party when she offered a dollar bill to each child that got a hole in one.  They loved it and it gave new focus to the kids' golf game!!!

Michael had an absolute blast with his friends.  He loved everything about this experience and even took time out from the pandemonium to thank me for my efforts.   What a guy.  After a very loud and rousing Happy Birthday song, all of the parents came and picked up their boys.  And just like that- another kid party was complete.  Happy Birthday to Mikey Man!  You are loved by so many!   

No comments: