These two are bonding more and more everyday. I have to give major credit to Matthew for the recent bonding because he seems undeterred by Emily's constant harassment. And I mean constant. He is so wonderful with her. He loves to play with her and encourage her. He only stops when she hits him or throws something at him. Poor guy. Let's just say Emily is practicing the fine art of 'time out-ing'.
Lately, I have found the two of the deep in conversation about who knows what. I even think that Matthew can decipher much of what Emily is saying! When Emily was a baby and incapable of playing with Matthew, Matthew seemed alone sometimes. Michael and Claire would play together but Matthew didn't have a playmate. Fast forward two years and he has a playmate! Yahoo!!!
I am loving this new budding relationship. Life lasting, I am sure. Matthew has proven to me that he is an amazing big brother. He understands (or at least tries) that Emily is young and doesn't always understand how her aggression towards him isn't nice. We are working on this daily! At the same time, Emily values her relationship with her brother. When he is at school, she walks around the house with her hands in the air saying, 'Ma-hoo'? I love it. Both of these little babies bring me so much joy.
Saturday, April 09, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Two opposites...the perfect relationship! Love em both very much, Nonna.
Oh my goodness...SOOOO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment