Thursday, February 02, 2012

Right on TARGET

Matthew came running into the kitchen this afternoon.
Matthew:  "Mom, was I born in Target?"
Mom:  "Were you born in Target?"
Matthew:  "Yes.  Michael says I was born in Target!"
Mom:  "The store?"
Matthew:  "Was I born there or not?"
Mom:  "No, Matthew.  You weren't born in Target."
Michael screams angrily from the other room, "Thanks a lot for playing along Mom!"
Matthew:  "Looks like I wasn't born in Target, Michael!" 
Michael from the other room:  "Mom is lying.  You were born in Target."
Matthew:  "No!  I know I was born in Walmart just like you, Claire and Emily were!"

What lies are these kids telling each other?  Damien and I were able to witness the whole ordeal which was truly painful to Matthew but hilarious to us!  My sister Jill used to tease me that I was born in Hawaii because I always got so tan in the summer.  I remember being so offended.  Looking back, I should have said thank you!  I know Matthew will laugh this off in the near future, especially when he realizes that being born in Target is much much better than being born in Walmart!

2 comments:

hdgina said...

I wish I was there for this! So cute!

LSacco said...

Although I love Walmart, I love Matthew more, so I vote for Target!
Nonna