Jocelyn had a hair appointment this morning and asked if we wouldn't mind watching Gabe for a few hours. OF COURSE we wanted him to come over! Matthew and Emily were so excited. On the other hand, Michael and Claire were bitter. Being full time students and not being able to hang with your cousin is tough.
We went to Matthew's parent/teacher conference at his preschool and then headed home- unsure of our plans. The boys suggested talking a walk and I thought it was a perfect idea! I decided to take the double stroller in order to have the smallest percentage of walking meltdowns, should they occur. First stop, Starbucks. Who likes to take a walk without a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream? I opted coffee and prayed the caffeine would kick in immediately.
Two kiddos were always in the stroller while one walked (minus the last ten minutes of the walk when all three were in the stroller). We looked for dogs, cats, flags, pirate markings (spray paint on the ground), tall trees, dog poop (yes, I said dog poop), flowers, and counted how many times we were attacked by dogs. As luck had it- we were actually attacked by a polar bear! Okay, not a polar bear but the dog looked just like one and it was getting aggressive with us! I was trying to be Brave Lisa, but for those that know me well- brave, dog, and Lisa do not go in the same sentence. Thankfully, the owner came out and apologized profusely. 'No problem!', I answered knowing very well I would see her dog again in my nightmare later in the evening.
We walked the trail for an hour. Blue skies, tons of laughter, no whining, heaven. The kids loved every second of it. Such priceless moments. We can't wait for Jocelyn to get her hair done, again!
Friday, March 09, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment