Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

The kids think it is really cool to have a Grandma who has a birthday on St. Patrick's Day!  As if the day wasn't already fun enough, they have even more reason to celebrate and get wild and wacky!  This year, the kids seemed especially eager to get really cool things to wear on St. Patrick's Day.  I think it had a lot to do with the fact that we were celebrating E's birthday in San Francisco.  It just made them get into the spirit of things!

We were at Beverly Fabrics and came across these wigs, glasses, and necklaces.  The kids went berserk!  I couldn't deny them the opportunity to get creative!  I mean, if it was an Italian holiday, I would be down for anything.  I want them to embrace their Irish roots- even if I don't have any! 

We got up early for breakfast, got dressed, finished packing (we were heading to Tahoe straight after Marlene's birthday party), and I even managed to lure them out into the backyard for a few pictures!  How could I not photograph those wigs!

We got to the city with enough time to stop at Sub Center, which is hands down one of the best sandwich shops in the world!  It is located in West Portal, right near where Damien grew up as a little boy!  It didn't take us long to inhale the sandwiches- so we were on the road again and headed for the Exploratorium!  The Exploratorium is right near the Palace of Fine Arts which is where Damien and I went on one of our first dates.  My kids are sappy (couldn't be more thrilled about that!) and love these pieces of knowledge which made the trip more exciting for all of us!

We greeted E with a giant Happy Birthday before the kids ran off with their cousins to explore some of the 475 science exhibits!  After a few hours of exploration, we all drove over to Ghiradelli Square where we enjoyed banana splits, milkshakes, ice cream as we sang the praises of Marlene and let her know how much we love her.  I think she really loved her birthday!!!

No sooner did we say goodbye- did we find ourselves in the car headed for a fun weekend of snow, skiing, and relaxation in Tahoe with Mark, Jocelyn, and their kids.  The weekend was just getting started!  Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Birthday to E!

No comments: