Friday, March 16, 2012

Coolest Pinewood Derby Yet!

This is most definitely Michael's last year of Cub Scouts.  While he has a lot of fun at the meetings (mostly from hanging with his friends) it is just ONE MORE THING on the calendar.  Fourth grade has provided a significant jump in homework and responsibility so making time for Cub Scouts is not easy (on top of all of Michael's sports).

Michael knows that a lot of the annual events that they participate in are indeed- his last ones.  The Pinewood Derby is a super fun event.  Some Dads, I mean boys, really get into making their cars (think putting small weights on the bottom of the car, rubbing graphite on the wheels, etc).  Damien and Michael just like to have fun with it.  They get to go to a saw shop and actually shave/cut a block of wood into a race car. 

Every boy, and I seriously mean every boy, made a car.  My awesome son, made a truck.  Oh, and not just any truck.  The ever classy U-Haul truck.  I loved it!  When they brought it home- I thought they were joking.  I thought they would pull the classic derby car out of one of their pockets- but no.  This was for real. 

Michael won a few heats with this U-Haul truck but the most exciting thing was that he won The Coolest Car Award.  What a way to go out on top.  U-Haul trucks are the new black.

No comments: