Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's Raining!!

We have had a very mild winter this year.  The rain has been sporadic at best and we have been spoiled rotten with warmth and bright cheery sunlight!  We do need the rain, though so we were excited for a little change in climate this week.  Emily has discovered quite a few new toys as a result of me gutting and cleaning out Claire's closet.  One of her new favorites is this Tinkerbell umbrella.  I kid you not, my little Emmy has been standing in the sunshine with her umbrella waiting for rain. 

I had told Emily that it might rain today and she couldn't believe it.  She kept her umbrella within arms reach in anticipation.   This afternoon, I was in the kitchen unloading the dishwasher (glamorous, I know) when I heard Emily screaming, 'It's raining!  It's raining!'  I walked out to the backyard to see my beautiful little Emmy standing in the middle of the grass, chubby hand holding her beloved Tinkerbell umbrella, curly hair bouncing as she giggled, with the look of pure joy spread across her face.  The look was priceless.  Especially her choice of rain appropriate shoes.  I don't think I have ever seen someone opt for white patten leather dress shoes over rain boots (even on the wrong feet).  Just sayin'. 

Emily wanted to find something to do in the rain so she talked Matthew into making cards for Sheila so they could have an excuse to go on an errand and get wet!  What a smart girl!  Daddy took them over to see Sam and Sheila and when Emily and Matthew returned- they were a little soggy but a whole lot happy! 


1 comment:

hdgina said...

Love love love this post!