Friday, March 02, 2012

Pink Bathroom Remodel

I can remember walking through our house when it was on the market.  Our house was on my usual run and for some reason- I always looked into the bay window as I ran by.  You could imagine my delight when I ran by one day and saw the house was for sale!  We were open to looking for a new house but not totally in the must buy a house mode. 

When we walked in, I immediately saw the potential of this property.  The kitchen was definitely going to need to be redone, the family room needed some work, and the pink and gray bathroom HAD to go.  In fact, before we moved it- I proclaimed that we would would need to remodel it immediately!  Little did I know that after moving in, the kitchen would be the thing that needed to be remodeled the most.  It had little to no function which didn't work for this stay-at-home Mom who loves to cook!  Claire was happy we didn't remodel it right away because she loved the pink bathroom.  It was the biggest selling point for her!

Our pink and gray bathroom has been patiently waiting to be remodeled.  Other rooms have screamed louder for an upgrade and the bathroom just waited and waited.  Being that we only have two full bathrooms in our house for the six of us- the pink and gray bathroom just wasn't doing the trick.  It had a separate bathtub and separate shower which was really a waste of space.  The colors really turned me off.  I do like pink- but not the mauve and gray combo.  There was only one sink and it made me cringe every time I had to see all four of my kids fighting for position at tooth brushing time.  And that gauze window treatment?  It came with the house and I have hated the bathroom so much- I left it there for four years.  Gross.  Also, the storage was terrible.  My girls hair items were always hanging out of the basket and would fall into the bathtub.  There were so many things about the bathroom that just did not work!

Well, the wait it over!  We broke ground on the bathroom on February 2nd and we temporarily crammed ourselves into the only other full bathroom.  Remember how we just got a kitty?  Well, all six of us got to share the other bathroom with the kitty and her litter box.  I won't even elaborate on that one.   For the remodel, we used a company called HRI Construction.  Let me just say that they were amazing!  In one month, we completed the project on time and on budget.


Here are some before and after pictures.  We absolutely LOVE the new bathroom.  Double sinks (thank you God), a new linen closet for tons of storage, a deep bathtub, gorgeous tiles, and an overall feeling of happiness.  Function, function, function!  It is so wonderful and we couldn't be happier.  We are all thrilled. 


1 comment:

the uffelmans said...

SHUT UP IT LOOKS SO AWESOME!!! I am dying to see it in person.

p.s. our bathroom looks like yours did before, but it is half the size. oh, and need i remind you it is our ONLY bathroom! :)