Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Oh, Sweetie Pie

I resisted getting a cat.  I didn't want the hassle, the hair, the cat food, the hair balls, the scratching, and certainly didn't want another living being to take care of.  But, my kids did.  While over the past few months I have had my high moments and low with Miss Sweetie Pie- I am beyond thrilled that we decided to add her to our already crazy family!

The kids absolutely love her.  Sweetie is a lovable, patient, and sweet kitty who is so friendly and a joy to have around the house!  She did have about a month of crazy energy where she might have chewed up one of my plants, eaten one of the kids Nerf swords and then barfed it up, and gasp clawed (ruined) my Pottery Barn curtains in my dining room.  We have since then transitioned her to an indoor/outdoor cat and she loves to go outside and burn off some of her kitty energy.

We started the transition to have her be outside slowly but she took to it immediately!  Now she poops, pees, climbs trees, collects rubber bands, visits the neighbors, and chases bugs in the grass all day long!  When she comes inside, she is worn out and usually naps in Emily's crib or Matthew's bed.  She still loves to groom the kids and loves to come over and lick their hair and their faces. I am so happy that we adopted Sweetie Pie and I am even happier that my kids finally have a pet that doesn't live in a fish bowl. 

1 comment:

saccon00 said...

Awww...my bestie...SP! I know that cat misses me...NO DOUBT!