Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Wonderful Mother's Day

This morning I woke up to four beautiful smiling faces.  What a way to start my day.  A day that I feel honored to be a part of.  Mother's Day.  It's been a long road but here I am, celebrating my 12th Mother's Day.  I couldn't have planned it any better.  A slow morning with my four beautiful children and the man who made it all possible.

Starbucks sausage sandwiches, a deliciously large venti drip coffee, sweet gifts handmade from my babies, and a few treats from Damien and the kids.  As customary, I received gift cards from the kids so we can all go on personalized dates!

We headed to Mass and then decided to grab sandwiches and head to Vasona Park.  It was really so beautiful and perfect.  We bought balls, frisbees, lawn chairs, music, and fresh cherries.  It was divine.  We played around for a while and then decided to go on the paddle boats.

We paddled for a long time (maybe a bit too long for the kids' legs), had some refreshing popsicles from the popsicle man, and then took a stroll along the water.  I was overcome while watching my children play together.  This is what I dreamed my life to be.  And then, there's Damien.  Since the day I met him- I knew he would be a wonderful father.  Together, we made our dream of a big family . . . a reality.

We left the park and then went and got some sushi.  My request!  And then, somehow- we managed to go to Baskin and Robbins for some ice cream!  I have never been so full, but happy.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the incredible mothers in my life.  I am truly blessed.

No comments: