My parents, Gina and Natalie are leaving for Italy tomorrow. They are going to be gone for just over two weeks and I couldn't be more jealous! We needed to make a plan around Laura to make sure that she was well taken care of when they were gone. I suggested to my Mom that maybe Laura fly down and spend a few weeks with us! Laura has never flown alone. However, she is one of the most capable people I have ever met! When asked if she wanted to fly down here, she excitedly answered, "YES"!
My Mom, Gina, and Gracie drove Laura to the airport and were able to walk her to the gate. Laura showed tons of confidence while my Mom became a ball of nerves (I don't blame her!). Laura said goodbye, walked down the tarmac and off she went! I assured my Mom that I would call her the minute I saw Laura. Emily and I got there early and waited a few minutes. Soon, the plane landed and a few minutes later- Laura was here!
She walked out with complete confidence. I told her that we better call Mom as she was probably worried. Laura answered, "I already called her on the plane when we landed and told her I made it!" Awesome! Seriously, my sister Laura is awesome!
We got her luggage and headed back to the house ready to start a fun two week vacation for Laura! We couldn't be more thrilled to have my sister here. She's the best!
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment