Saturday, May 04, 2013
Michael and Claire Gain Some Independence
They may hate me for doing this, but I'm just doing my crazy job. I remember watching a video of my Mom and Dad following me in their car while I was on the bus for my first day of Kindergarten. They videoed the whole drive . . . through the windshield . . . wipers going because it was raining. While it was a bit crazy (mostly because of how big video cameras were back then), I loved that they videoed it because it was a good view of a big piece of my life! While getting donuts isn't a truly significant event, watching Michael and Claire gain some independence is. They were both nervous to walk the block to Yum Yum Donuts. Damien and I were a bit nervous too, but I think they did a great job! They may hate that I did this now, but years from now when we are cracking up together while sharing the donuts their kids brought us, they will thank me. Okay, not thank me. A little wink letting me know they forgive me will do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is so completely awesome. Like so so awesome.
Post a Comment