
Due dates for me don't really mean anything. My doctor never really cares about my due date while I am pregnant and I don't really see the date as significant because I know that chances are- I'll never make it there! Emily came three and a half weeks early, just like her brother Matthew. Claire came two weeks early and Michael- well let's just say he barely missed his due date by three and a half months. While I never really focus on the due date of my babies- it is always strange for me to hold my baby on their due date and to think that this was the day that they would've been fully cooked!

I look at my beautiful Emily and cannot imagine if I had to wait until today to meet her. The past three and half weeks have been so wonderful with her. We have been working on figuring each other out. She is learning so much about the world around her while I try and
decipher each and every noise she makes so I can best take care of her. I stare at her all day long and thank God for giving me such a precious miracle. She is perfect. Sometimes in the past I have felt down about my troublesome pregnancies. All the work, the worry, and the waiting can really be a burden. Yet maybe a special surprise, a little gift for all of this hard work, is getting to meet my babies a little early and to get out of being pregnant for another three to four weeks!

When we found out we were pregnant with Baby #4 way back in October, I can't believe that this baby, my Emily, was the one who we were waiting for. I think back to the butterfly movements she made at fifteen weeks that let me feel the life inside my body for the first time. I think back to the nightly kicking shows she put on in my tummy and how she loved to kick her Daddy while he slept too. I loved the hiccups she would have, the rolling movements that made me feel like she was trying to get out, the many times I saw her heartbeat on the ultrasound screen and the times she amazed her soon-to-be siblings with a giant kick or punch that sent them swirling into hysterical laughter. And to think that all along- it was Emily. All that time, my little girl was waiting to grow big and strong enough to join us in this great big world where she would be constantly embraced by the love of all of her family and friends. Happy due date Emily. We sure are glad we got a sneak peek of you!
1 comment:
That's a really fun way to look at it! What a beautiful little girl you have.
Post a Comment