
My family has seen Emily in tons of pictures. We have even
Skyped a few times and they got to see her moving around and being loved thanks to modern day technology. However, there is nothing like seeing someone in person and being able to establish a person to person connection. She is so loved by my family and yet, they hadn't met her yet. My family was not only looking forward to seeing Emily, but they were looking forward to smooching her, touching her, and holding her. I knew they just couldn't wait to get their hands on her. My Mom and Gina had already met her but the rest of the clan was just waiting to get their first glimpse!

The first night we were there, the weather was absolutely gorgeous. The kids frolicked in the backyard and went in the swimming pool. I just soaked up the moment and was so happy I was finally home. It had been a long time. Auntie Nannie was officially the 'baby hog' of the trip. If she had an opportunity to hold Emily- she did. She would steal her out of other people's arms and suddenly the two would disappear to the back of house until we would realize they were missing.

Auntie Jilly and Kyle were also excited to meet their newest cousin/niece. Kyle was just the sweetest to Emily and she seemed to always be such a bright spot in his day.
Bey-bey he would yell and come running when she was in the room. It was just too cute! And I have never seen him be so gentle. Kyle was so good to her and so was Jilly, who couldn't help herself and bought Emily her first bikini!

And last but NOT least, was Auntie Laura who is just the best with babies. She is the best Auntie in the world and just adored Emily! She talked to her as Emily played, held her and rocked her, and just took in the sounds and the sights of her new baby niece. It was adorable. Laura has told everyone she knows about Emily and I am sure had some kind of countdown until she got to meet her. I know that all the waiting paid off for Laura because she had the look of pure bliss on her face everytime she was around her baby.

All in all, the first meetings were everything I had hoped for. I loved seeing my Dad hold her and talk to her, I melted when my Mom saw Emily again (it had been 5 weeks since she had last seen her), and loved watching Gina walk her around and calm her down. My family is wonderful with babies and I was so happy that Emily could feel the love from them. And it was only day one!
1 comment:
love this! myyyy baby!
Post a Comment