I am not even sure how to start this post because my heart is still hurting from this hilarious story! To clarify, today is Saturday. To further educate you on this situation, my beautiful Michael dreads Sunday mornings because of church and having to get dressed. I was up early this morning with Emily and enjoying sipping my coffee while goo-goo gaa-gaaing with her. I heard a small voice from the back of the house and realized that Matthew was up and wanted to get out of his crib. I put my coffee down and walked into the boys room quietly as not to wake Michael who was still sleeping. With Emily in one arm, I used the other arm to hoist Matthew out of his crib and started to tip-toe out of the room. "Mom, I'm up.", Michael said in a scratchy voice. I walked over to the top bunk where he was all nuzzled in his Spiderman comforter and said good morning. "Man, I don't want to get dressed this morning. I hate getting dressed in the morning!", Michael exclaimed. I really didn't think anything about what he had said. I just thought he was being regular 'morning Michael'. Then suddenly- he whipped off his comforter and there Michael was- all dressed in his Sunday's Best ready for church. "I got ready all by myself and am ready for Mass!" he said. My heart sunk. I smiled immediately because I realized Michael had gotten dressed all by himself, belt, buttons and all. But is was Saturday, not Sunday. He was still smiling proudly at me and I wondered what I should do? Should I tell him right now that it is Sunday or wait a while and let him feel good about his accomplishment? I decided to just go ahead and tell him. When I told him, he just stared at me. He didn't say anything but he just stared at me in disbelief. Then he got down from his bunk and went into the family room to watch cartoons with his siblings. He wore his Sunday's best for about two more hours before he changed into some comfy clothes and never mentioned for the rest of the day his little mistake.I thought it was hilarious. Kinda sad, but nonetheless absolutely hilarious! Michael has fought us on dressing himself in church clothes for a long time and wouldn't you know that the week he decides to be independent- he messes up on the day? I loved the fact that he did it all on his own and told him all day how much I appreciated his effort. Just maybe next time- make sure you have your days right!
No comments:
Post a Comment