Tonight, Damien had a soccer game and I contemplated taking all of the kids to watch him play. I knew it would be pretty crazy to keep track of them all but I also knew that they would have an absolute blast running around outside on a beautiful warm evening. I fed the kids dinner and then loaded them all up and away we went. Michael, Claire, and Matthew were so thrilled to see Daddy running around and giggled when he occasionally waved to them. I was happy to be out and about- enjoying the fresh air while feeling pretty accomplished since I managed to get us all to the game in one piece! After watching them run around, kick the soccer ball we brought, and having to keep a watchful eye on Matthew who kept running a little too close to the street- I told them to sit and watch the game for a while. They all sat together and I plopped Emily down on Matthew's lap and wouldn't you know I got the most adorable picture of them. Everyone looking natural, all eyes on the camera, no hitting, kicking, or teasing- just sweet beautiful children looking happy to be with one another. I love this picture. My first picture of the kids where it isn't at a special event or where one of them isn't crying, looking the wrong way, picking their nose . . . you catch my drift. We had a great night out together watching Damien play soccer, followed by a marathon epsiode of watching the kids play on the toys. Barely one month ago, we added Emily into our already crazy family and now that we have gotten a little practice with having four kids, we are able to continue like we did before she was born. We are loving life with our four children and by the looks on their faces in this picture, they are loving their life and their new little sister, too.
2 comments:
Good job Lisa! They all look so adorable and very happy. What a lucky mommy you are.
You guys are an inspiration! Such a natural family. You are amazing!
And you're right, this is a great picture.
Post a Comment