
The magic in our house is alive! My three oldest kids are so ready for Santa to come! They've heard him already on the rooftop, they have seen his 'helpers' in the mall taking pictures with children, they have hung their stockings in pure anticipation of the magic that will happen on Christmas night. Santa is coming!!!! Michael and Claire know the drill. They write Santa a letter and then Santa and his elves do their very best to bring them a few of the things they have asked for. They have to be good, not naughty, believe in him and be able to hear the bells ring (they love
Polar Express)!

This was the first year that Matthew has come to understand what happens around Christmastime. Again, we focus greatly on the true meaning of Christmas- Jesus' birthday, but also love to celebrate in the excitement of it all! When we asked Matthew what he wanted for Christmas, he had no idea what his response should be. Then he heard a few of the items that Michael wanted- mixed with some great requests from Claire, and alas- he had his list! I know you can't read what Matthew wrote on his letter to Santa but luckily- I can. "Dear Santa. I love you Santa. I love you very much. For Christmas I want Star Wars Chubby Guys, a
Spiderman game, a new bike and Lego Star Wars guys. Love, Matthew." This is how he read this letter to us. He would clear his throat and repeat the same thing every single time. It was hysterical. He would tell anyone and everyone who could have possibly wanted to know what he wanted for Christmas. Matthew, you are too funny!

Michael wasted no time in preparing for Christmas. He had thought long and hard about what he wanted and as it turns out- he was able to come up with some really great stuff! His bike is too small, so he wanted a bigger bike. He is still obsessed with his Nintendo
DS so he wanted a couple new games for it. He also wanted a blue double light saber. We are all so excited for Santa to come and one night we were telling Matthew exactly how it happens. Michael turned to us and said, "I think the parents just put the presents out after the kids go to bed." Damien and I shot him a puzzled look and let him know that it is so important to believe and then we looked at him and said, "I don't think Santa heard that." Michael took a deep breath and said, "Good. I was just kidding." Kidding is right! Santa was going to be here in seven short days and we were pretty sure Michael was going to be on the Good List!
Clairey could not wait for Christmas. She has had a countdown going on her calendar for quite some time. She took a lot of time to think of what she wanted, too and came up with a great letter. Unfortunately, she mailed the letter to Santa before I could get a picture of it but lucky for me- I had a great letter she had written to Santa before the official letter. It reads: "Dear Santa, I have been a good girl this year. I won't be at my house for Christmas. I will be at my Nonna's. I want my presents to be a surprise. I hope you can make it on Christmas Eve. Your friend, Claire Elisabeth
Swendsen." Is this not a great time of year????

Our last stop was to mail the letters to Santa. Since Claire had already mailed hers- we just needed to mail the boys' letters. To our surprise- Santa was there when we mailed them! Matthew wanted to write another letter just to be sure he would get it. I snapped a few pictures and this one just melted my heart! I know it is a picture I will look back on and smile. My sweet little baby writing a letter to Santa. Matthew makes these little tiny scribbles and really thinks he is writing letters. Oh, how I love him. After Matthew mailed his letter, Santa invited him up to sit on his lap and read him a book about Rudolph. Matthew couldn't belive what was happening. What a priceless moment. I am so excited for the season to continue and can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they wake up Christmas morning. I sure hope Santa gets their letters!
3 comments:
So fun and adorable. Seriously, Christmas fun is part of the reason you have kids, isn't it!???
This is absolutely precious! Matthew's letter is a crack up! He sure knew exactly what he wanted! What a sweet picture of him writing that letter. Can't get any cuter than that!
Those letters are adorable! I love it!
Post a Comment