Monday, December 21, 2009

Santa Got Our Letters!

You are not going to believe this. Santa got the kids' letters! This afternoon- we are leaving for Seattle so the only time Santa could come and deliver the kids' bikes was early this morning and he did! I heard the kids tip-toeing into the front room bright and early to see if Santa had come and the gasps I heard confirmed what I had suspected. Damien and I had told the kids that Santa was an organized man. He thinks through his plan for the Christmas season and makes the right choice for the kids on the good list. The kids were certain they were good this year but weren't so sure of Santa's planning- so they were a bit leery that he would remember to bring them their bikes at our house!

Michael and Claire were worried that if Santa brought the bikes to Nonna and Grandpa's house- they wouldn't be able to get them home. I, of course, pestered them and told them they could just wear their helmets and pedal south in the hope that they would find San Jose and get home safely. I also told them that if he brought them to Kirkland- we could strap them to the back of the plane like people put their bikes on the front of a bus. They knew I was kidding but were genuinely worried about the situation. Well, the smiles on their faces this morning were priceless and they were relieved that their letters were so effective!

Santa sure had a great plan for my kids. Not only did they get to receive their bikes before Christmas- but they got to ride them for a few hours before we hopped a plane up north! Claire is so happy that she 'fits' on this bike. She looked a little like a circus clown riding her old bike which was WAY too small for her. Michael loved his new bike and felt extra cool when he realized that it had hand brakes, too. Matthew was beside himself to get such a cool Buzz Lightyear bike- after all, it was his first official big boy bike! It was so great that Santa was organized this year. I guess it pays off to send a letter to the North Pole!

1 comment:

Brook said...

Those kiddos must have been really good to get Santa to come early :-) I'm glad they didn't have to ride them back from Washington.