I want to take just one minute to remind myself how incredibly blessed I am. As we head into a new year, 2010- I leave behind so many wonderful accomplishments, blessings, and memories in 2009. What a great year 2009 was for me and my family. 2009 held so much promise, so much change for me. It was challenging but rewarding. It was bright but also dim at times. It was another year spent journeying down a path that was not marked- but rather unpredictable and rugged. At times I wanted to give up on my journey. Other times I found my journey to be remarkably focused, empowering, and amazing.
My heart grew another size bigger this past year in order to make room for all of the love I have for my newest little girl Emily. It also swelled in size watching my other three beautiful children's hearts grow with love for her, too. I became stronger this year- the strongest I have been in my entire life. I strengthened my relationship with God and I know that He will always be there for me in good times and in bad. I fell more deeply in love with my husband who yet again found a way to successfully balance his career, pregnant wife, and four children. I am more thankful than ever for the health of us all. Knowing everything that could have gone wrong with all four pregnancies and the way it might have impacted the lives of my children and me - I cannot be anything but thankful to God for blessing us and making us whole.
I am so honored to be the Mommy of my four babies who continue to amaze me with their adaptability and understanding. This year, although wonderful at times, presented challenges to them too and they were beyond amazing. I am also so happy to be a part of the lives of so many of our family and friends who during the past year picked us up and helped us on our way to the eventual birth of baby Emily. Without so many of you- we would have struggled and I am so grateful to have connected with such amazing people who knew what we needed before we even had to ask.
I feel so satisfied with my life. I feel a sense of completion with our family. I see a future that is bright and I see a year of exploration and adventure now that we are all healthy. I see soccer games, homework, dentist appointments, vacations, early mornings, late nights, and a home filled with love and laughter. For more than eight years now- I have been growing babies. Now I am excited to raise them. I pray for God to continue to watch over us and give us the strength we will need to get through life's obstacles in the coming year.
So that's it. One good minute of reflection. What a great year. I will miss it.
Goodbye 2009. Thanks for everything.
Sunday, January 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yahoo!! Bring on the good times of 2010!
What a beautiful reflection. And what a year it has been! Welcome 2010!!
Post a Comment