Originally, Damien was supposed to take a few of his clients to a Warriors game. Last minute- he gets a call letting him know that it was now only going to be one client and his six year old son! We had just rolled in from Tahoe when Damien asked what I thought him taking Matthew to the game. I said, Go for it! Sure, he was going to be exhausted but Matthew didn't have school the next morning. Once Matthew knew where he was going, he was practically bouncing off the walls! He started bouncing even higher when we realized that just he and Daddy were going. No other kids! He truly felt special and important.
Damien said the game was awesome. Matthew loved watching the basketball but apparently not as much as he loved eating all the yummy stadium food and not having to share with his siblings! Chris Mullen's jersey was retired at half time which made the game even more special. Not that Matthew really knew what was going on- but at least as he gets older he will know he was there!
Damien and I try hard to steal these special one-on-one moments with the kids. Matthew deserved this special trip with his Daddy and he loved that Dad's attention was only on him. Go Warriors!
Monday, March 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Looks like fun. I wish we had an NBA team like you do. Wait a minute, I wish we had a GOOD NBA team - not like yours. But right now, I'll take anything.
Post a Comment