Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Vest is Back!

Back in August of 2007, I wrote this post about Michael and Claire.  To sum it up, Michael came downstairs in what he deemed to be the Coolest Outfit ever.  Claire soon followed his lead which meant I had two of the coolest looking kids around in my front room!

Fast forward five years.  New house, bigger kids, same awesome suede vest.  I vowed in the earlier post that I was going to give it to Goodwill the moment it got too big for Michael, but it was just TOO COOL!  Well, today- the vest made it's way back into cooldome when Matthew came into the kitchen sporting the fringe.  It was clear that Matthew felt pretty awesome.  I started laughing at the sight of him and the vest.  I had forgotten we had it!  I immediately thought of the above picture and was amazed at how history repeats itself.

Not to be outdone, Emily soon sported the infamous vest.  Man, now I can't get rid of it.  The suede fringed vest is just too prevalent in the Swendsen Family history books.

2 comments:

the uffelmans said...

stop it. emily -- i am dying.

hdgina said...

Karen took my comment. So, I'll take words from Melissa... SHUT.IT.DOWN. amaze****s.