Thursday, June 28, 2012

Finishing our Week in Kirkland

We had an amazing trip.  Here is a quick run through of the things we were able to squeeze into a week!
















Grandpa let Emily drink coffee . . . again.  They have a little understanding.  If Grandpa has coffee, Emily gets the coffee.

















The kids love going to visit Nonna at work!  Even though they are on summer vacation, schools in Kirkland are still in school for a couple of weeks!  Nonna just loves when we visit.  The kids get to go into the Principal's office (she's a good friend of mine) and Nonna gets to show everyone her grand kids!  It's always a lot of fun!
















Damien thought it was a brilliant idea to teach Michael how to put out a flame with his fingers.  I suppose that every kid has this moment in their life (I know I used to do it) but it just seemed a little crazy to me!  It is different to see your child touch a flame.  I don't care if someone elses kid does it, seeing your child touch fire is nuts!   Luckily, Michael survived with all of his fingers.





















While the adults chatted upstairs, my kids and their cousins created a beautiful word board on Nonna's easel.  Definitely a proud moment.
















Jill and Clairey wore matching shirts one day when we went out.  It was funny because there is a picture when Jill is pregnant with Kyle and she and Claire were wearing matching shirts!


Michael got stuck in a baby swing.  Even though we warned him of the probability of getting stuck- he proceeded to do it anyway.  Don't worry about him though.  He's not really crying here.  He is just laugh/whining which of course made us all laugh.  Michael eventually did get out all on his own!




















Matthew pretended to play chess with his serious face.  We finally just settled on checkers.  And yes, he used his serious face.




















          Nannie decided that Michael is 'officially' too heavy to hold like a baby.  You should have heard the audio on this one!





















Emily asked Nonna nonstop if they could go and water her flowers.  Nonna could never resist her Emmy.  I mean, really.  I couldn't resist her if she looked that sweet all the time!





















It was a great trip.  It was a great start to the summer and it left us wanting more!  We'll be back for two weeks in August and will look forward to meeting our newest baby cousin (any day now!), making more memories, and relaxing with the family.  I love summer.

2 comments:

hdgina said...

So many gems in this post! I'm sorry I missed this time up there!

the uffelmans said...

these photos are to die for. so fun!