We have a lot to celebrate today. There are a lot of amazing fathers in our life who make us so incredibly happy and blessed! Today, we had a relaxing day planned. Swim, eat, swim, gifts, swim, dessert.
We started the morning in a perfect Damien Way by bringing him chocolate donuts in bed. Then the kids one by one gave him gifts that they had either made or helped me to buy. Claire made Damien a rocket ship she had made in school that said, I love you to the Moon! Michael gave his Daddy a card that was ridiculously hilarious. Michael and Damien share the same sense of humor so it had Damien in stitches! Matthew and Emily presented Damien with gift cards for their own dinner date. This time Matthew picked IHOP while Emily wanted to share a sandwich with him from Subway.
We then ventured over to Marlene's house (from the cottage) where the party planning started! Marlene was going to loosely incorporate the theme of neckties into the party. She had necktie bottle openers for all the Dads, necktie centerpieces, and I made paper ties to go around A&W Rootbeer bottles that said, "Dad- You're A&Wesome!"
The day held such a relaxed vibe throughout. It was just what everyone needed! We love Damien so much. He does so much for our family and it doesn't go unnoticed. I can honestly say that Damien puts his full attention, 100% of his heart, into being a fantastic Dad. I see him continuously agree to play with the kids when they ask him, even though he is usually super busy with work or just plain tired! He gets it. He sees this precious glimpse of time where he can make memories with his kids, play with his kids, while being able to have such a positive impact on their lives. I am lucky to have a husband who loves parenting as much as I do. Today, I thank Damien for all that he does because it certainly is a lot!
Happy Father's Day to all the AMAZING FATHERS in our lives. Both Damien and I are so lucky to be able to celebrate our own fathers today! My Dad and I have such a special bond. My childhood memories with him will be something I cherish forever. We were able to spend so much time together, make amazing memories, and he supported me more than I could have ever dreamed a Dad to do! That is why it warms my heart to see Damien father my children the way he does. Damien's Dad not only raised Damien, but also his ten siblings. He worked so hard for all of his children and holds such a special place in Damien's heart. He showed Damien the value of hard work while also holding true to your beliefs. We are so incredibly blessed. Happy Father's Day everyone!
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment