One morning on the way to school, Claire urged me to call a radio station to try and win tickets to a Demi Lovato concert. We called and called and called and then someone answered and said, "Congratulations! You just won tickets to the Demi Lovato concert!" They asked me who I was and I told them that I was a Mom, sitting in the parking lot before school with a very happy daughter and Demi Lovato fan! Then, they asked to talk to her! The radio DJ talked with Claire and she was just beside herself! We couldn't believe we had just won! Claire told all of her friends at school and they were all screaming with delight!
When we found out when the concert was, we breathed a big sigh of relief when we realized that we would just be getting back from Hawaii but would be able to go! Claire would have been crushed to have missed it. Miss Claire and I got ready this evening and prepared to go have awesome night!
We were able to squeeze in a quick dinner at Pizza My Heart and then headed over to the concert which was held on the San Jose State University campus. There were so many people there, so much excitement, so much energy which filled the air! Claire and I got some snacks, I bought her a blinking Demi Lovato bracelet, and we headed to our seats.
A band called Hot Chelle Rae opened for Demi and they were awesome! The screams from the pre-teen and teenage girls was literally deafening. I couldn't believe it! I have to say, this band was really good. Claire and I were both surprised to recognize so many of their songs!
And then, sweet Demi Lovato took the stage and I got to watch my daughter absolutely fall in love with her music and the concert going experience. It was emotional for me to watch her jump around and really get into the whole experience.
Demi did not disappoint. She has been through a lot over the past few years (rehab for drugs and alcohol) and her message to girls of all ages was to be yourself and not to try to be someone that you are not. She urged her fans to support one another and to build each other up, rather than pull someone down to make you feel better about yourself. Demi Lovato has such a sweet demeanor about her and she seemed genuinely touched by the support she received from her audience. And to be honest, she is incredibly talented.
We were both blown away at her vocal talent. I know for sure that Claire felt connected to Demi tonight and I hope she heard her message and lives by it. When Claire made a heart with her hands, my heart was more full with love for my little girl than ever before. It was a wonderful night. I am so glad that Claire urged me to pick up the phone to try and win these tickets. We not only won tickets to the concert, but I won the opportunity to watch my amazing little girl grow up right in front of my eyes.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love this post. So special fo you and Claire. Xo
Post a Comment