Sunday, July 29, 2012

San Diego Getaway

We just got back from a fabulous weekend in San Diego.  Damien and I snuck away from the kids for a relaxing and wonderful weekend.  It turned out to be just that.  We flew out Friday afternoon and were relaxed the minute we left the house.  Our anniversary is in a few days so we kind of called this our Anniversary Getaway!  Any excuse to get away, right?

Damien and I love San Diego.  Any time we have visited there, be it before kids or with kids, we absolutely fall in love with this beautiful city!  There is so much to do, the weather is phenomenal, and we love being able to bounce back and forth to the ocean.  We decided to stay in the Gaslamp District as we have heard about how much fun that can be!  We absolutely loved it and will be back some day!  There are so many restaurants and so many fun little shops to explore!  And the people watching . . . amazing.

In a nutshell, we had a wonderful weekend.  We loved our long walk on the beach from Pacific Beach to Mission Beach, we loved all of the fabulous food that we ate, we loved the shopping, the laughing, the lazy breakfasts, and mostly- just being together.  I sure do love this husband of mine.  I couldn't imagine being happier with anyone else in the world! 

1 comment:

LSacco said...

It makes me happy that you two get away to enjoy time with one another! Love you.