Today was hot. Like over 100 degrees hot. We had the air conditioner on inside but you could still tell that it was ridiculously hot outside. I decided to go outside and water my sad and thirsty plants. They get water every night from the sprinklers, but with this heat- there was no escaping the wrath of the sun. I set the sprinklers to go off in front for about seven minutes. It didn't take long for Matthew and Emily to wonder what was going on! They both came outside in their underwear (I said it was hot) and asked if they could run through them. Of course they could! It's summer!
Emily loved running through the sprinklers and sitting on them, while Matthew loved to go to the edge of the grass, take off running and then jump over them. Despite their different approaches, they giggled and had the best time. We stayed out in the front yard for much longer than I had anticipated (about thirty minutes) but they were having too much fun to stop. Summer is the best!
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I LOVE ALL OF THESE PICTURES! I MISS MY BABES!
They are enjoying the simplicity of summer and it is wonderful!
Love you Matthew and Emmilini!
Post a Comment