Today, Damien had surgery on a sports hernia that has been bugging him for some time. I have to say, Damien is really proactive about taking care of his health. If he has any type of issue- he makes sure that it gets the proper medical attention. His hernia wasn't an emergency situation, but something that definitely wasn't going to go away on it's own. He scheduled surgery and the rest is history!
 |
| I wore Damien's wedding ring on my necklace while he was in surgery. |
The surgery was a breeze. Mark and Marlene cam down to watch the kids and I accompanied him to the hospital for the out patient procedure. Once he went back, I headed to the waiting room and sat with the other thirty people who were glued to CNN as the hunt was on for the Boston Marathon bombers. It was kinda heavy stuff but definitely kept me distracted!
The doctor came back and told me that the procedure went wonderfully and that I should meet Damien outside in about thirty minutes. Although a bit groggy, he was happy it was over and in little pain. We headed home for some rest. Marlene had found a nurses outfit for Emily so she was beyond happy to play nurse for Daddy. She gave him lots of fluids and plenty of fluids. We are happy the procedure is behind him and that he will be back to normal and healthy in a few short weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment